Monday, November 16, 2009

Opportunity Knocks…are you listening?

I spent two months in a course for PTSD called Cognitive Processing Therapy. Part of the course dealt with finding the best in anything. You may be asking, what in the world am I talking about? I will give you an example. After the current war in Afghanistan my memory has gotten really bad. So, how is that good? Well, first of all I can watch a movie more than once without knowing the ending. I meet new people everyday and best of all I got a good excuse to forget my wife’s birthday.

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Ephesians 5:15-17 NIV

Do you ever think of the worst thing that has happened to you. Take time to think how that can be a positive. I really won’t bore you with everything I learned in the course. The class was able to show me positives in everything from war to rape. Take in mind one of my favorite parts of the Bible.

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,.
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 NIV

There is a time for everything under the sun. Whatever you go through the Lord has a purpose. You may never see the reason, but trust me there is one. It is only a matter of how you deal with it. Do you react positive? Are you stuck in the negative? I really need to take this to heart I am a very negative person right now.

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Luke 11:9 NIV

Let the Holy Sprit talk to you he will show you the positive over time.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! My favorite verse is Ephesians 2:8-10:
    "8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

    If we belong to Christ satan (evil) cannot touch us unless God allows him to )my theology based on book of Job). We can always be in His presence if we confess our sins - even if our flesh does not want to. Life has a purpose and the greatest purpose is to be doing what God has prepared for us to do - Ephesians 2:10.
    Praise God our salvation is NOT dependent on our "good works" but on His free gift of eternal life purchased by the death of Christ upon the cross AND He Lives! and will come again. What can man do to me if I belong to God?
    Now that is total freedom and liberty.

    ReplyDelete